In the meantime, yesterday was a Bank Holiday and somehow it just didn’t seem right to do no work today and so I dealt with the Corps’s outstanding administration.
- A letter to Reliance Bank Ltd
- An email to THQ
- 4 emails to DHQ
- A polite letter to the Rotary Club declining their invitation to join
- The processing of two soldier transfers
- Asking payroll to sort out an error in my pay (I got paid £-20 – i.e. according to my payslip I owe them £20!)
- Calculating telephone refunds
I am actually an Officer again and the joy I feel is genuinely beyond words!
These little tasks were completed with real care and devotion and a sense of excitement and anticipation.
Can there be a better or more fulfilling occupation other than Salvation Army Officership?
Yours set apart by Christ, for the lost, in the Army – Forever!