Sunday, November 11, 2007

A brilliant soul-saving idea!

The contemporised words of GSR (see previous blogs) have set my mind racing.

The other day I was prayerfully considering the plight of the unsaved and their obvious discomfort (at least until they’ve been converted) in ordinary Corps meetings.

Then I had this brilliant idea!

Why not have a special meeting dedicated to the unsaved, somewhere they would feel comfortable, somewhere where they could hear the gospel in a way they understood, maybe free coffee and doughnuts – who knows? Whatever works best!

Then I thought but how would I get the unsaved to come in? I’d have to go outside and find them, I’d have to round them up, chase them down, invite them to come back to the hall!

Brilliant – I could see the whole thing taking shape in my imagination.

Then a little voice inside my head (or maybe my heart) said – “So you’re going to have a salvation meeting preceded by an open-air?”

There truly is nothing new under the sun!

Love and prayers

A

PS The picture is an early SA open air meeting in Dartford! (about 1908)

2 comments:

Captain Andrew Clark said...

Hey..yeah...must try that sometime! Loved the picture...fires the imagination.

Andrew

Esther said...

Sorry, I want to comment about an article you did in March.
Oh yes, I believe in Hell. I and my son are committed christians.
We read a book about Hell about a couple of months back by Mary Baxter.
We were full of trembling the first couple of weeks, we were barely off our knees, didn't even watch the tele and we read the bible none stop till our eyes were blurred.
We prayed for our friends, our family our neighbours and even our enemies. repented of every bad thought, word or deed and were sick with worry about the people we hadn't witnessed to.
However, as I said that was a couple of months ago and we don't feel as bad today. We are back watching the box, and are on our knees once before bed, we read from the word then too. Well, that was until you reminded us, with your article....No wonder the on fire chinese church are praying that the church in the west will suffer like they are. We are too comfortable.