Thursday, May 08, 2008

A Bible especially for Salvationists!

I’ve been bringing ‘The Salvation Soldier's Guide’* up to date and publishing the results at a new blog (follow this link).

I must admit that I have been amazed at the obvious thought that must have gone into the selection of verses for each day.

I consider myself to be pretty familiar with the word of God having read the Bible through cover to cover at least 10 times ( I started using a reading guide that takes you through the whole bible in one year about ten years ago!)

Yet even I have found myself encountering verses in a whole new light. The context into which verses are placed, the other verses they have been chosen to compliment and their overall relevance to Salvationists has been amazing.

If you don’t have a regular reading guide then I would heartily suggest that you could do a lot worse than this one.

Love and prayers - A

* The Salvation Soldier’s Guide was a pocket sized collection of bible readings for the morning and evening of every day in the year intended to ensure that Salvationists read from the whole bible and not just the New Testament. It was also meant to be small enough for a workman to take with him on his shift and read to his colleagues.

No comments: