Saturday, September 16, 2006

The unforgiving minutes...

I have just downloaded my Blog and converted it to a Word Document.

Since February I have amassed an amazing 103 A4 pages of musings!

Goodness knows how much of cyberspace has been occupied by the likes of Steve C and Gordon C!

103 pages is alomost a book - I've been trying to finish a book on holiness for 6 years!

It reminded me of some wise words from the pen of Kipling...
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

How often we are held hostage by the 'unforgiving minute' when all the time the keys to our cell are hanging on the wall behind us!

In a life that is entirely consecrated there should be no 'unforgiving minutes'

God forgive me for wasting what is probably the most valuable resource I have - time!

No comments: