Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Winning the war through prayer

I came home yesterday distressed (not depressed) I was also a little frustrated.

I wanted to ensure that the electricians turned up this morning and that Ryan would be there to let them in. I wanted to stand by and intervene if they came to blows! I wanted to make sure that the rewiring actually got completed.

I could do none of these things - so I prayed!

I prayed warfare prayer, I bound up, I set free, I silenced and I rebuked and I did it almost constantly. In other words I wrestled in order to 'tread all the powers of darkness down' Ultimately I handed everything over to God 'absolutely persuaded that he would keep that which I've committed...'

Today the electricians turned up, Ryan stayed calm and the rewiring began.

When I heard I praised God for the wonderful gifts that he has given us, gifts that enable us to continue fighting even when we physically can't get to the front. The gift of prayer and praise and the gift of authority.

Thank you Jesus

A

No comments: