Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A rose by any other name...

Shakespeare asked (via Juliet) "What's in a name? that which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet..."

Just wanted to say that this Sunday I will be reinsated as an Officer in The Salvation Army, my commission will be to preach Salvation and teach Holiness. I will sign a covenant which will be an extension to my Articles of War.

If I am obedient, faithful and believing then God will bless my endeavours with Revival.

Please feel free to replace any of the above words with ones of your own choice as long as they mean the same thing!

As for me... "I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day!" (2 Timothy 1:12)
Love and prayers

A

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrew,
You may remember that the verse you quoted is the one that General Wahlstrom preached on at the Commissioning of the God's Messengers Session.

Now, in 2007 you really know whom you have believed, now you are really convinced that he is able and you have entrusted your whole self to God.

So the following words from the General's message that day are true for you on your re-commissioning day.

"God is able to keep safe the messenger, he is able to keep that which you have committed to him. God is able to keep safe the message. He is able to keep safe what he has committed to you. In both cases the key word is God is able.......................
You are his very own and so is the message."

love and prayers

Alan and Carol
God's Messengers

Ann said...

Praying that God will continue to bless you and your family in all you do for Him and that He will use you mightily!
Ann (Pill corps)

Anonymous said...

big blessings

Captain Andrew Clark said...

We'll be praying extra blessings for your for Sunday..


AC

Captain Andrew Clark said...

..just another thought...sometimes we have to teach salvation and preach holiness too as well as preaching salvation and teaching holiness :o)

armybarmy said...

May God bless immensely.
grace,
sec