Sunday, May 20, 2007

'Tis done the great transaction's done!

Today I was reinstated as a Captain in The Salvation Army by my Divisional Commander Major Anthony Cotterill.

Our little hall was full to capacity.

We sang the following songs:

Army of Salvation, Army of the Lord!
I have no claim on grace.
All my work is for the Master.
I believe we shall win!
By the love that never ceased to hold me.
I'll go in the strength of the Lord!

Anthony presented me with a new Commission signed by John Matear (TC) and a new covenant which I signed at the penitent form. My Father in law offered a prayer, as did Paul du Plessis and Carol Young shared a bible reading.

My 8 year old daughter Bethany prayed the prayer that everybody else wanted to (but didn't have the courage to) when she said "Dear God please make sure my Daddy doesn't walk away from you again!"

I preached on Zechariah 3:1-7 - the reinstatement of the fallen priest Joshua.

Commissioner Denis Hunter (British Commissioner when I was a Cadet 25 years ago) was the first to come to the penitent form in reconsecration, then Majors Alan & Carol Young (sessional mates of mine) followed by my eldest daughter Caitlin (20). Then our Corps Secretary came forward, then my older sister, then my two sister-in-laws (who were reconciled at the conclusion of the meeting after two years of not speaking to each other).

God was glorified and the angels rejoiced in heaven!

We had 60 people stay for dinner after the meeting.

On the way out of the hall Comissioner Hunter said "Sock it to 'em when you get to Dartford Andrew!" - By God's grace we will.

Tomorrow I'm off to Sunbury Court for a 4 day conference and then next Sunday (Pentecost!) my first duty as a new Captain will be to enroll two new soldiers (and their not transfers from the YP Corps!)

God bless The Salvation Army!

9 comments:

Captain Andrew Clark said...

Hallelujah! Would have loved to have supported today Andrew...we did in prayer. Every blessing and welcome back to the ranks...we need you!

yours

Andrew C

Peter Anderson said...

Andrew,

I praise God for His work in your life and His seal upon your ministry. Go win the world for Jesus!

Peter

rehoboth said...

Great to be there yesterday.

God bless Captain Andrew Bale
God bless St Mary Cray and Dartford Corps
God bless the Salvation Army!!

love and prayers

The Youngs

Rob said...

Congratulations, Andrew. Fight on!

John Ager said...

I was interested to read this post. God bless, John.

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah.
grace
stephenC

caldjr said...

So glad you've got your pips back Andrew. Know that really the pips don't change who you are and what God will do with you, but also sure it makes a real personal difference too.
Love and prayers to you Tracey and the children.
Dan & Carol-Anne

Andrew said...

Hallelujah! Praise God.
Andrew S

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Captain Bale!