Saturday, July 07, 2007

Spot the difference?

158 years ago yesterday (July 6th) George Scott Railton was born. 46 years ago, yesterday, I was born. I must admit that I like having the same birthday as the founder of primitive Salvationism.
However, sadly, we have little else in common. The main difference between us is that Railton lived out the beliefs that I (at present) merely aspire to.

I had some great cards yesterday, but perhaps the most memorable had the following words on the front – “Don’t count your years. Make your years count.’

Is the world ready for another Railton? Ready or not the world and The Salvation Army both desperately need another Railton.

What if in addition to sharing the same birthday and the same aspirations we could share the same lifestyle?

The intent is there; indeed the intent get’s stronger every day. I pray that as we get closer to taking up our appointment at Dartford God the holy spirit realises the intent in a glorious Pentecostal-powered life that tells for God, rescues the lost, liberates the enslaved – gives everything until – eventually, it ‘falls at its post’.

I pray that God the Holy Spirit gives me not only a portion of Railton’s spirit but that he gives me a ‘double portion’.

In the words of Jean Luc Picard – ‘Make it so number one!’

A

1 comment:

Brian's Blog said...

Double is good ~ Elisha ~ Amen
Happy birthday!!

Blessings!!