Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Wounded in action!

In about two hours time I am going into hospital for major gastric surgery. This procedure is to correct/modernise a procedure I had done about 15 years ago. It isn't a 'quantity of life' issue but it is a 'quality of life' issue and to ensure that it doesn't become the former it has to be done. It is unpleasant surgery and I probably wont be properly concious again until Friday. The surgery requires a two week stay in hospital and then a four week convalescent period.

To say that this is frustrating right at the start of our tour of duty in Dartford is an understatement! However, we have always found that God's timing is perefect and I woke up this morning with the band piece 'constant trust' playing in my head - 'Trust and obey for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus', 'The cross is not greater than his grace' etc.

Uncharacteristically, I am quite scared about this procedure (maybe because I have undergone similar surgery before) but my faith is strong.

My CSM said to me last night on the phone - 'You're a good man and definitely destined for glory but not yet - please Lord' - I heartily hope so (on both counts!)

Obviously I will be absent from blog land for a few weeks!

Thank you in adavance for your prayers.
Yours set apart by Christ
A

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you won't read this till after you are home and recovering, but I am already praying for a speedy and wonderful recovery.I pray that you will be calm and filled with His peace throughout these days of recovery.
Wilma Paterson

Anonymous said...

I'll echo Wilma's sentiments! Hope you're back to the fight real soon!

Great article on theRubicon today by the way!

robert said...

It was your passing reference to Ballington Booth's gospel song, "The Cross Is Not Greater Than His Grace" that caught my eye this morning. I trust you made a full recovery from the surgery and are going on for the Lord.

If you enjoy reading about our traditional hymns and gospel songs, I invite you to check out my daily blog on the subject, Wordwise Hymns. God bless.