Monday, October 08, 2007

The wonder of it all

Although only back in Officership for a few months I am consistently amazed at how tasks, which in my previous incarnation, I would have seen as a duty or even a right are now seen as an immense privilege.

Yesterday I went to LSE Youth Councils and at the end of the day was asked by the DC to go forward and pray for some of those kneeling at the Mercy Seat. 25 years ago I would have approached such a request in the same way I would have approached any request associated with my ‘job’. However, yesterday I felt tremendously privileged and at the same time humbled by the enormity of what I was about to do. I prayed for Jason and Gordon (who they are and where they come from I’ll probably never know) but I do know that God moved in their hearts yesterday enough to motivate them to make it to the Mercy Seat. I also know that God will have heard theirs and my prayers and the dear, ever present Holy Spirit would have touched them.

It was also good to take 5 young people from Dartford who'd never been to such an event before (although I did feel a little bit sorry for John the only boy among the 5!)

What a wonderful honour and to think I get paid for this!

Hallelujah!

A

2 comments:

Wilma said...

Hi Andrew, still enjoying your life through the blog.. I often pray for you and am thrilled at how you and the Lord are working together, for His glory,
Wilma

Eric said...

Andrew,

This was a great post.

The reason I'm writing is, where did you get this graphic for the I AM Youth Councils?

This is also our theme in Chicago this year and I wanted to take a look at their resources. Could you point me to a website or something that describes what took place? The poster looks fantastic (as does all other ALOVE stuff I've seen).

Hope you are well.

Grace,
Eric