Monday, April 21, 2008

Careful it's catching!

So the ‘Bales’ are all in isolation…

Two weeks ago at the Divisional Children’s Camp one of the staff had to be sent home after he showed the symptoms of impetigo.

As far as I’m aware at least three other children within the Division have since contracted the condition including my daughter Charlotte who has subsequently infected our whole family. (By the way that's not her above - that's a stock photo!)

Impetigo is highly contagious (but fortunately is easily and quickly treated with antibiotics!).

As I sit here with my bell by my side, a red cross painted on the door, I can’t help thinking of all the people I’ve hugged and kissed in the last two weeks, not to mention the babies I’ve held and cuddled. Then there’s all the equipment and furniture I’ve touched. Collection boxes, computers, door handles, bundles of War Crys, cups etc.

I wonder if the disease will stop with us or make its way around the Corps - maybe even the whole of Dartford?

Imagine what it would be like if Christianity was as infectious as impetigo – we’d have the whole world saved in a matter of months!

Love and prayers (from a safe distance)

A

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, just imagine if our Christianity was just as contagious. But it can be. Had the delighful experience of being present with a couple of others when a newcomer to our Corps family accepted Christ as her Saviour today. This followed on from a great 12 hours of prayer and meditation on "Following Jesus" on Sunday. She wasn't present at that but was thought of and prayed for. God has answered our prayers and our discipling of this lady will continue. God is good!