Friday, May 08, 2009

Happy Spiritual Birthday!

Today is my spiritual birthday! 15 years ago on the 8th May I was delivered from demonic oppression and fully baptised in the Spirit of God. When I look back on those early days of my new life they seem almost fictional rather than factual.

There was a natural hunger within for me God and 'with eyes wide open' to his mercies it wasn't difficult to 'present my life a living sacrifice' – indeed full consecration seemed the most natural thing to do!


The impact of my conversion upon my Corps was profound. I was the first of many who were saved and sanctified as a result of what became known as the 'Strood refreshing'!


The last 15 years has been a series of ups and downs, victory and defeat, success and failure. There haven't really been any grey moments in that whole fifteen years – I've either been an on-fire Pentecostal covenanted warrior or a rampant backslider!


If I draw a timeline of those 15 years then it becomes very clear that the high points coincide with those times when my commitment followed God's line rather than my own.


As I blogged yesterday, I am resolved to do things on God's terms however eccentric those terms might appear.


When I was saved I was given the following verses from Judges: ""The LORD is with you, mighty warrior... Go in the strength you have and slay the Midianites. Am I not sending you? "


Perhaps I may be from the smallest clan and the least member of it, maybe I have been threshing grain in a wine vat fearful of my enemies, maybe the sheep around here run whenever I approach (fearful that I might need just one more fleece) but none of that matters for God is sending me and the battle is his!


Happy Birthday to me! Thank you Jesus!


Grace and peace, A

5 comments:

Andrew said...

Happy Spiritual Birthday Andrew! Keep fighting..
grace.
Andrew S

yp said...

Spiritual blessings on your birthday! Your faith is encouraging.

Anonymous said...

amazing stuff andrew, great to read again about the past and know His hand through years and the journey to today.

Reminded of that chours ' bless His Name He sets me free'.... I praise God for all He has done is doing and will do in your life

Take Care - and keep growing

Ian W

g-force said...

Happy Spiritual Birthday Andrew! Though we fight in different countries, I'm SO glad we are on the same side of the battlefield. Enjoy your special day!!

Genise

rehoboth said...

If its 15 years since you new birth, then its nearly 15 years since you came to Ripon for the first time. Can't quite get my head around that.
Anyway been praying for you ever since, won't stop now!
God bless

Alan and Carol