Sunday, May 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Church!

What a fantastic Pentecost!

I woke up this morning with the refrain running through my head "somebody prayed for me" and I really sensed that someone somewhere around the world was doing just that – praying for me! The thought absolutely blew me away – someone, somewhere was going to the throne of grace and asking God to give me power! Thank you Jesus for intercession!

Then this morning I preached on the word 'one' – the disciples were of one mind in one place with one vision and objective. Yet in spite of their unity and their singularity of thought they were still one big mess of weakness, fear, doubt and self loathing. However it is in 'the moment of my weakness when my need for power is great... that the Holy Spirit hears my prayer!" Hallelujah. God visited us with power, there were four seekers and the Mercy Seat was bathed in tears of repentance and consecration.

Then tonight we went to the enrolment of Brother Kyle (he's the guy in the picture). Kyle's a new convert who came to Christ simply because his RE teacher invited him to the Army. Kyle, in his testimony, gave us a brilliant definition of holiness (especially from the lips of a babe in Christ) when he said he didn't just want to come to God during the high times or even just in the low times but that he wanted to give God all the stuff in between – fantastic!

It made me think of the Message's rendition of Romans 12:

"So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him."

Kyle has God's anointing all over him and I'm certain one day he will have red epaulettes on that brand new uniform of his.

Again God came with power and the Mercy Seat was lined with seekers (I lost count!) Among the seekers was a College friend of Kyle's she got saved tonight after she'd been fished by Xander! Praise God!

Brothers and Sisters God is moving, fasten your seatbelts revival is brewing in the west.

Grace and Peace, A

P.S. When the meeting concluded the soldiers brought out coffee, tea and Krispy Kreme Donuts :-)



2 comments:

Captain Andrew Clark said...

Praise God

rehoboth said...

Sound like a great day. We'll keep praying for more like it!