Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Freedom in Christ!

I am posting Dr. Neil Anderson's 7 Steps to Bondage Breaking today. I believe if you walk through these steps and pray these prayers you will be free! If the Son has set us free we are free indeed. I had to go through these steps when I was first converted.

Step 1) Counterfeit vs. Real Spiritual Experiences

  • Go through an inventory of occult and cultic and false religious experiences in your life.
  • "Lord, I confess that I have participated in ________________. I ask your forgiveness, and renounce ____________."

Step 2) Deception versus Truth

  • Go through an inventory of different ways you have been deceived.
  • "Lord, I agree that I have been deceived in the area of ____________. Thank you for forgiving me. I commit to know and follow your truth."

Step 3) Bitterness versus Forgiveness

  • Indentify people you need to forgive ( releasing the other person from our judgment and turning them over to the Judge of all the earth to grant judgment or mercy.)
  • "Lord, I forgive (name_________) for (specifically identify all offenses and painful memories or feelings ________________.)

Step 4) Rebellion versus Submission

  • Indentify rebellion to God-given authorities.
  • "Lord, I agree that I have been rebellious towards _____________. Please forgive me for this rebellion. I choose to be submissive and obedient to your word. In Jesus name. Amen."

Step 5) Pride versus Humility

  • Indentify ways in which we may be proud or have reacted in pride.
  • "Lord, I agree I have been prideful in the area of ______________. Please forgive me for this pride. I choose to humble myself and place all confidence in you. Amen."

Step 6) Bondage versus Freedom

  • Identify uses of the body as an instrument of unrighteousness, thus creating a foothold or bondage.
  • Sexual, abortion, suicidal tendencies, eating disorders, cutting oneself, substance abuse, etc.
  • Make specific prayers of repentance for each.

Step 7) Acquiescence versus Renunciation

  • This cancels out any demonic working that may have been passed on to us genetically or generationally from our ancestors.
  • You do not have to know what they are.
  • Specifically pray for the breaking of the generational curse.

Follow these steps in faith and God will release you from bondage into the glorious freedom that can only be found in Jesus Christ. Satan, I command you, in the name of Jesus to release all who read this from bondage at this moment. Precious Holy Spirit I invite you to come into their new and liberated lives and guide lead them into all truth and holiness. Amen!

Grace and peace, A

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Great post!!