Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Letter from the devil

Someone emailed me this the other day - I thought it was worth passing on...

Letter From the Devil

Hi - I saw you yesterday as you began your daily chores. You woke up and without kneeling to pray went straight into the day. As a matter of fact, you didn't even say grace before your meals, or pray before going to bed last night. You are so ungrateful, I like that about you.


I cannot tell you how glad I am that you have not changed the way you live - you are mine. Remember, you and I have been going steady for years and I still don't love you yet. He kicked me out of heaven, and I'm going to use your life as long as you let me to pay him back. You see, Fool, GOD LOVES YOU and HE has great plans in store for you. But you have given your life to me, and I'm going to make your life a living hell. That way, we'll be together forever. This will really hurt God. Thanks to you, I'm really showing Him who's boss in your life with all of the good times we've had. Your day is crammed full of TV, football, cinema, DVDs, church politics - thank you for not having any time left for loving the lost.


We have been having a great time together cursing people, stealing, lying, being hypocritical, fornicating, overeating, telling dirty jokes, gossiping, being judgmental, back stabbing people, disrespecting adults, and those in leadership positions, no respect for the Church, bad attitudes. I'm so glad you don't want to give all this up. Come on, let's burn together forever. Oh, and by the way - thanks for not believing in me and judgement and all that stuff it makes life so much easier! I've got some hot plans for you. I'f I'm going down I'm going to take as many of you with me as I can.
This is just a letter of appreciation from me to you. I just wanted to say "THANKS" for letting me use you for most of your foolish life. You are so gullible, I laugh at you. When you are tempted to sin, you give in HA HA HA, you make me so happy. Instead of pursuing holiness you discredit it and laught at those who think it's the only way out - I just love the way you think that sin is inevitable - who'd have thought I could have pulled that one off!
Sin is beginning to take it's toll on your life. You look 20 years older, and now, I need new blood. So go ahead and teach your children how to sin. All you have to do is smoke, get drunk, cheat, gamble, gossip, fornicate, and live as selfish a life as you can . Do all of this in front of your children and they will do it too. Kids are like that.

Well, I have go for now. I'll be back in a couple of seconds to tempt you again. If you were smart, you would run somewhere, confess you sins, live for God with what little bit of life that you have left. It's not my nature to warn anyone, but to be your age and still sinning, it's becoming a bit ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I still hate you.


Yours eternally - the devil


1 comment:

Dawn said...

Urgh! I was reading 'A letter from Jesus' on Sunday. I certainly know which one I prefer...