Sunday, September 09, 2007

Stuck record...

I don't want to sound like a stuck record but...

It’s the end of week one and I can honestly say that I cannot think of anything else I would have rather do or anywhere else I would rather be than the Corps Officer of Dartford Corps.

To say I have thoroughly enjoyed my first at Dartford would be an enormous understatement!
The excitement, variety, challenge and optimism that covenanted Officership delivers cannot be equalled anywhere in the world. This week...


  • I met a confused elderly lady who wants a fridge

  • a recovering alcoholic who wants more than just food (hallelujah!)

  • delivered a business plan to DHQ for much needed hall improvements (not just aesthetics but improvements that will increase our mission capabilities)

  • came up with a strategy to make the Corps financially self sufficient by Spring 2008

  • led a two hour roller coaster Corps Council meeting,

  • did two much needed pastoral visits,

  • chased up THQ about IT,

  • collected for an hour at ASDA (Wal-Mart for those over the pond!)

  • Spoke to a lady whose husband wants to trace his lost Father,

  • shredded about a ton of obsolete filing

  • and introduced myself (via email) to the other ministers in the area.

I am so happy, so certain that I am in the right place and that God is here and I am only just starting to warm up.

We are going to have revival at Dartford (not just the SA but all the churches), I know it, and I feel it in every fibre of my body and every pulse of my soul. Am I making myself a hostage to fortune by saying that? No! I’m simply expecting God to deliver – and he will!

Watch this space.

Yours set apart by Christ, for the lost, in the Army.

2 comments:

Captain Andrew Clark said...

Amen...bring it on Lord!

Andrew Bale said...

As Booth once said 'The tendency with fires is that they go out'. May God the Holy Spirit constantly fan the flame in m heart so that my enthusiasm never wanes :-)

Love and prayers

A