Saturday, June 21, 2008

Courage brother it is still God's will to save our nation!

It’s 2:27am and I’m in Dartford Salvation Army Hall in the middle of an all night of prayer. The Computer’s been left on and logged onto the internet so that people can send emails, look up quotes, search the bible, play midi files or whatever they feel led to do.

I’ve just stuck pins in a map of the world a pin in Melbourne (prayers for Steve, Danielle and Xander) a pin in Sydney (Prayers for Andrew Stringer and his clan) a pin in Vancouver for Jonathan and Olivia – I’ve prayed for all you guys!

We’ve just prayer walked Dartford High Street, picking our way through the drunks (who all look too young to be out at 1am let alone out drinking.) I knelt down outside a busy pub, on the very spot where 100 years ago this year 3 Salvationists were arrested and sent to prison for preaching the gospel. Together with my friends we reclaimed Dartford for Jesus and spoke out against the strongholds of alcohol, gambling and prostitution which so obviously hold the town. Jesus was with us and we sensed the heavenly hosts twitch with excitement, swords at the ready and eager for battle!

I have such an overwhelming sense tonight that God is so ready to act. Already in Dartford we have felt those big heavy splashes of rain that precede a storm – revival is on its way – I feel it in every spiritual cell of soul.

You know we have some Officers in the UK who think we’re living in the last days, a time when the bible predicts decline and apostasy – so they’ve given up on evangelism! They tell me that we are the church of Laodicea. I disagree – I violently disagree! We are the church of Sardis and God (hallelujah) has not completed his work in us yet!

God can do immeasurably more than all we could ask or even imagine – how? by the power that’s at work in us. I was reading the Soldier’s covenant earlier and the Officer’s covenant – you know if every soldier and every Officer got up tomorrow morning and kept their promises it would transform our Army overnight – in fact I reckon that if only a tenth did that we could conquer the world for Christ within a year.

Friends, we must pray, fast, repent, fight for social justice, become a voice for the silent and make the invisible visible. We must once more make Isaiah 58 our benchmark then we could again rise like the sun and rebuild the broken places.

Comrades – let’s do it!

No more compromise or excuses no more measuring ourselves against each other. Let’s measure ourselves against God’s word and then when we realise how poor we are let’s allow God to make us rich, when we realise how weak we are let’s allow God to make us strong and then let’s conquer the world for Jesus.

The Salvation war still rages, reinforcements are needed, give everything you have , surrender all and do or die for Jesus.

“Courage my brother it is still the will of God to save our nation” (GSR)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your spirit and determination - we need more like you.I too believe that God hasn't finished with us, our church, our communities yet - He has far more for us to do and we need to be willing to do it. Even if we were in the last days I don't think the Bible tells us to ease up in our endeavours, in fact I think He would want us to up the effort to bring the lost to His feet. I often re-read my covenants that I have made with God as a Soldier, an Officer (now ex but still in the will of God) and also those that I have made along the way when I have recommitted my life to Him and keep in my bible as a reminder of the fact that my all must be on the altar. I'm believing for great things to happen in Dartford - I'm believing for great things to happen in Greensborough, the Corps which I attend in Australia. We have 1/2 days of prayer at our corps and God has encouraged us and challenged us greatly at times and we must keep on praying and putting into practice those things which God reveals to us. We must go out into the highways and byways and compel them to come in (or meet them just where they are). May God continue to bless you.VMH

Unknown said...

Captain Bale - we appreciate your prayers on this side of the world, and we are agreeing with you for revival in Dartford.
Hallelujah!

Xander.

rehoboth said...

Halleljah!

It was great to share such a powerful night of prayer with you all. I believe significant breakthroughs occurred Friday night and Saturday morning.

God bless Dartford
God bless the Salvation Army

Onward to conquer the world with fire and blood!

love and prayers

Carol

Anonymous said...

Whenever you blog about Dartford, I print off the entry and pass it on to a lady in my corps... i may have mentioned this before but a Lady in my corp's grandparents were the salvationits that you talks about; arrested for preaching!

She even has a photograph of them in their prison uniform!

Callum <><

Mitchenstein said...

Hi! I'm a Salvo from over the other side of the water (Essex) and I just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading your blog. It's fantastic to see someone with such enthusiasm and it's great to see what's going on in Dartford.

All the best and God bless,

John