Monday, June 23, 2008

The Wisdom of Solomon

This is Solomon and I in the London Offices of his church in Canmberwell. Solomon founded his church in 2000 with nothing and now has a congregation of over 300.

Solomon's church rescues prostituted people from the red light district in Abidjan in Cote'D'Ivoire. Solomon was introduced to me by my good friend Carol Young (http://rehoboth-old-wells.blogspot.com/) who recently visited his church there.

Solomon already provides security and a loving home to prostituted people - guess what he wants to do next? He wants to open up a feeding station - his philosophy is simple 'I can't preach the gospel to hungry people' (Sound familiar?) Then he's going to open up a training college to send out church planters.

Solomon asked Carol and I what he needed to do to merge his church with the global Salvation Army - we gave him the email address of the under-secretary for Africa.

Thank God for people with the wisdom of Solomon!
Love and prayers - A

1 comment:

rehoboth said...

Andrew,

Could you e mail me this photo and any others you took that day?

It may or may not be the right thing for Solomon's church to align itself with the Salvation Army as he is already connected with a church in Ghana. However, I am absolutely sure that the Cote d'Ivoire is crying out for the primitive SA. My French is appalling, may be one day............

Could you possibly e mail the photos you took that day?

Thanks

Carol