Sunday, November 16, 2008

May this solemn consecration...

I have had a very good week!

I'm experienced enough to know that life – even the life of a Christian – is full of ups and downs; however, I believe the quality of my week (not my circumstances but my awareness of God) has been a reflection of the seriousness of my consecration. It's early days – and like Fletcher of Madeley – I have lost this blessing on many occasions; even so, there is a deep confidence and sense of security within me. I have not found my 'fasted' lifestyle a problem, indeed it has been quite a liberating and refreshing experience. I have had a good week and an excellent Sunday – which could be summed up by what the songbook used to call 'holiness enjoyed'!

As for this week and the week after and the 'rest of my days' I will trust God and by his grace remain obedient. I will do my utmost to keep my Christian walk in step with the ever increasing clarity of the revelation of his will. I am in a safe place. Like a 'Tommy' tucked away in his underground bunker in the Great War – the shells seem to be exploding above me and the most damage they do is cause my candle to flicker. Of course I must spend time in the trenches if the front is to advance but only a fool would choose to return anywhere but here when the push is over.

My song for now and the future is a simple one.

"May this solemn consecration
Never once forgotten be;
Let it know no alteration,
Registered, confirmed by thee.
Thine I am, O Lord, forever,
To thy service set apart;
Suffer me to leave thee never,
Seal thine image on my heart."

Set apart by Christ, for the lost, in the Army!

Love and prayers

1 comment:

Colin Machan said...

Faithful be, delaying not to follow
Where Christ leads, though it may be through sorrow;
If the strife should fiercer grow tomorrow,
Never mind, go on!
Cheerful be, it will your burdens lighten,
One glad heart will always others brighten;
Though the strife the coward’s soul may frighten,
Never mind, go on!