Tuesday, February 21, 2006

God is filling his lungs and about to roar! Part 2

Read Part One First!

This predicted resurrection is already beginning. The beginnings are clearly evident. The flesh and the tendons have already begun to knit the bones together – the breath has been drawn into those omnipotent lungs, the lion of Judah is ready to roar!

Check out the following Blogs and web sites (this is the bones coming together, this is the start…)

http://www.forestdale.org.uk/ - Matt & Lynne Clifton – what an inspiration! (Matt is my brakes, he restrains me when I need it!) God's people - always praying!

http://www.hopeasha.org.uk/home.html Nick and Kerry Coke - this is so encouraging, I only came across this ministry yesterday (this is guts, bang in the middle of the East End - we should be shouting this from the rooftops!)

http://www2.salvationarmy.org.uk/Pill Great stuff happening here (see Andrew's Blog too at http://armyrenewal.blogspot.com/)

See Carol Young’s Blog at http://old-wells.blogspot.com/ (Carol and Alan Young are Corps planting in North Allerton, Yorkshire, UK)

Check out GC’s Urban Army Blog at http://urbanarmy.blogspot.com/ (Gordon will soon be inspiring Cadets at the WBMC in London!)

Of course you will find more evidence of the bones coming together at http://www.armybarmy.com/home.html and http://www.primitivesalvationist.com/

Friends, The Salvation Army is coming back to life. The exiles are returning from captivity, the dam that holds back God’s blessing is starting to crack. Let us then press on!

Pleas email more evidence of Ezekiel’s words coming to fruition (abale@ntlworld.com)

What must we do? – our General has told us what to do, he is actually leading us!! – Amen!

“We are all exercised by the Army’s inability to grow numerically in certain parts of the world. We rejoice that in many places the Army is rapidly expanding. Globally we are bigger than ever before and getting bigger… if God is withholding numerical growth from parts of the Army, why is that blessing withheld? Rather than discussing strategy, method, ceremony or even identity, I have a deep sense in my heart that God wants us to follow the example of the Old Testament prophets when they sensed God’s blessing was withheld. The prophets went to God’s people asking: Is there sin in the camp? … perhaps God is saying, ever so gently and ever so lovingly: ‘I love you, Salvation Army, but would you please look within and see if there is sin in the camp, and if there is anything that causes the blessing to be withheld we must deal with it.’ Some issues will be personal to individual Salvationists, others will be corporate… We may find that as we draw nearer to him, closer to him in purity and righteousness, the blessings begin to flow where at present they sometimes appear to be withheld."
We must repent, we must prophesy, we must pray, we must fast, we must believe, we must get together in ones and twos, we must at all times strive to remain Christ centred – if we do all of this then we can wait for the following to be fulfilled – not in the long future, but now in our midst, in our time, through us – Amen!!!

' 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: O my people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel. Then you, my people, will know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the LORD have spoken, and I have done it, declares the LORD.' "

Amen!

3 comments:

Naomi said...

I don't mean to be rude with this question (don't you HATE it when people start out with that phrase? :-) ). It's something that I make a habit of asking myself whenever I get fired up.

I'm curious - what are you doing at the moment to see this come about?

Andrew Bale said...

I'm doing this for a start!

I practically support my wife who is the Corps Officer at St Mary Cray and a non residential cadet.

When I come home from my secular employment all my time is given to the mission at St Mary Cray (where we live). I fast and pray, I study the word, I read (Murray, Finney, Palmer, SA History, Revival history etc) I establish contact with like minded people and pray with (and for) them.

One day (God willing) I hope to become a Salvation Army Officer again and give every moment to the cause in the meantime I faithfully give every 'spare' minute that I have to the fight.

I repent and examine my motives and I pursue a deeper relationship with Christ.

Love and prayers Andrew

Naomi said...

Cheers, Andrew!

Hope you didn't take the question as a criticism. Blame me having deeds on my mind on the twit who nominated James as a good topic for our bible study. Oh... wait... that was me. :-P

Seriously, though... I find it most helpful to hear about not only the 'theory', but how people are living out the practice in everyday life. Hence the question. I wasn't meaning to accuse you of being all talk and no action!