Sunday, February 26, 2006

Mighty warrior God is with you!

I cannot shake the following chorus out of my head, I fall asleep singing it, I wake up singing it and I get through the day singing it.
All my work is for the Master,
He is all my heart's desire;
O that he may count me faithful
In the day that tries by fire!


These words have been kept company by the following quote grom William Booth that I have come across on four separate locations this week!
“The greatness of a man's power is the measure of his surrender.”
What we need today is men (and women) who have real spiritual power. They are around but they do not recognise the potential lurking within them. Even those that are called doubt the reality of their own destiny and repeatedly test the validity of God’s call upon their lives.

At this precise moment many of them are hiding from the Midianites and when God addresses them as ‘Mighty warrior’ they will look not to his ability and strength but to their own poor heritage. Then they will put a fleece and another fleece and constantly question whether God is really with them.

Are you a ‘Mighty warrior’? I believe that I am, I believe that God has called me to slay the Midianites!

Fellow warriors can we do this?

The answer lies in Booth’s words above – our power is dependant, absolutely dependant upon the measure of our surrender!

What will we surrender to this week? Will we surrender to lust, materialism, greed, mediocrity, television, sport, eBay, ambition, selfishness, lethargy, apathy? Or will we lay all on the altar and wait ‘for the fire’?

Osborne again;
“Have I worked for hireling wages,
Or as one with vows to keep,
With a heart whose love engages
Life or death, to save the sheep?
All is known to thee, my Master,
All is known, and that is why
I can work and wait the verdict
Of thy kind but searching eye.”

And a final word to a modern Osborne (Keith Green)

Do you see, do you see all the people sinking down
Don't you care, don't you care are you gonna let them drown?
How can you be so numb not to care if they come,
You close your eyes and pretend the job's done.

"Oh bless me Lord, bless me Lord" You know it's all I ever hear.
No one aches, no one hurts no one even sheds one tear.
But He cries, He weeps, He bleeds and He cares for your needs,
And you just lay back and keep soaking it in,
Oh, can't you see it's such a sin?

Cause He brings people to you door, and you turn them away
As you smile and say, "God bless you, be at peace"
And all heaven just weeps 'cause Jesus came to you door
You've left him out on the streets

Open up open up and give yourself away.
You see the need, you hear the cries, so how can you delay
God's calling and you're the one but like Jonah you run.
He's told you to speak but you keep holding it in,
Oh can't you see it's such a sin?

The world is sleeping in the dark that the church just can't fight,
'Cause it's asleep in the light. How can you be so dead When you've been so well fed.
Jesus rose from the grave and you, you can't even get out of bed,
Oh, Jesus rose from the dead come on, get out of your bed.

How can you be so numb not to care if they come
You close your eyes and pretend the job's done
You close your eyes and pretend the job's done
Don't close your eyes don't pretend the jobs done

Come away, come away, come away with Me my love,
Come away, from this mess, come away with Me, my love.

May God lead us all into full surrender, may we all be Might Warriors in his hands – fully committed to him and his cause.

Amen!

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Hmmmm... does God use these songs that get stuck in your head as a way of getting a message through to you? Happens to me now and then (probably when I'm being more than usually thick-headed). At the moment I have just these words coming back over and over... "The Lord liveth, and blessed be the Rock, and may the God of our salvation be exalted".

Aurora said...

The Lord Bless and Keep you, Mighty Warrior! May you continue to spur others on to the fight!