Thursday, April 27, 2006

Revised Resolutions

Last night I shared my embryonic resolutions with a couple of good friends and the result was that maybe I need to expand these into a kind of personal manifesto. The suggestion was that they are maybe too extreme (and maybe a little sentimental) and therefore of little practical use. Targets have to be achievable.

However - there is a part of me that disagrees, I want to be the extremist's extremist!

Why? To identify with the lost? To prove my love for Christ? To rise above reproach from those who criticise? Possibly all of these things but most of all because I want everyone to know that heart and soul I am a slave of God in The Salvation Army forever and completely.

When I come back from Roots I will post this manifesto and invite those so minded to sign up!

Hallelujah!

No comments: